Over 80 years of history, and still going strong
Edmonds® was established by a young engineer, Neville Edmonds, in 1934. His goal was to produce the ‘S Rotor’ ventilator design in Australia, and his success meant the product was manufactured by Edmonds until the late 1980s.
In 1981 Edmonds was acquired by Norm McDonald, an industrial draughtsman with an established background working with ventilation products through HH Robinson. Edmonds acquired the distribution rights to import the first mass shipment of Whirlybird® from USA, and the Whirlybird is now synonymous with roof top ventilator.
Norm also invented and launched the then technologically advanced vertical vent Hurricane® vent design for commercial and industrial applications in 1989 and the durable SupaVent® for the home ventilation market.
In 1996 Cornelius Vanderstar, an U.S. industrialist, purchased Edmonds. Through considerable investment in capital and R&D, the business moved to much larger premises at Dee Why, NSW, Australia. In the same year, Edmonds also launched the now well-known wind driven roof top ventilator – the WindMaster.
In 2004 Edmonds’ research & development team released the world’s first true hybrid rotary vent, the EcoPower®.
With strong synergies between insulation and ventilation in the built environment, Edmonds was bought by Bradford and become part of the CSR Building Products in 2005; complementing its vision to create “Technologies for a Sustainable Future”.
In 2010, due to expansion, Edmonds relocated to its current premises in Seven Hills.
Edmonds was awarded with the Achiever Award in 2008 and Master Builders Australia 2012 National Export Award.
The Whirlybird® are registered trademarks of Lomanco Inc of USA.